Friday, March 11, 2011

John has been quite busy with work at a surgical center in town. He's been trained in the Operating Room and is now on his own. He just started training in the post-op, which is much less intense. He normally works all 5 weekdays from 6:30 am to whenever! (He's gotten off as early as 12:30 pm and as late as 7 pm).

I've been busy preparing for the baby. The nursery is basically set up now. I know some of you have been asking for some pictures of the nursery. We went with the pink and chocolate colors. My mom wanted to make the baby a quit - she's so talented. She finished that and has been making a lot more than that! Below is The curtain she made and the pink ribbons she sewed on to our brown lamps. It adds a nice baby girly touch.




With leftover scraps she has from the quilt, she made this adorable wall hanging and machine embroidered cute little bunnies on is. She also made a little pillow!


Here's her crib. She made the bumper pad, sheet and bed skirt too.




Here is the quilt she made. Because our baby won't need it for a while, we hung it on the wall for display because it is so beautiful. I'm glad it matches the polka-dot changing pad cover I had ordered. Our baby is already spoiled by her Grammy. Thanks for all the beautiful things mom!







John and I have had a lot of fun the last few weeks with family and friends. I don't travel too well now due to all the contractions, but we've been able to have a lot of visitors. A few weeks ago my whole family was able to get together here in Las Cruces. It's been a few years since that has happened. Here's me with my two older brothers, Clay and Justin. We were able to celebrate their birthdays that night. Clay is trying to fill the baby kick - which she sure was because she was enjoying the Peanut Butter Birthday Pie. I think Justin was freaked out that I was going to re-act Alien or something!





My best friend, Michelle, and her daughter, Madi, were able to come stay with us for 2 nights. It was so fun! Here Madi and I are at a park near our house. She just turned 1 and has taken a few steps on her own, but prefers to have some support or crawl still.




Shortly after their visit, John's brother and sister-n-law came to see us all for a short while. I only got to see them for one short evening, but it was a great time! Here's us with their son, Jacob, that just turned 3 and their daughter that is 3 months - Emma. It will be fun to have our daughter so close in age to her cousin Emma!



I've been trying to figure out the correct way to use certain new baby related items such as the car seat, stroller, swing, and slings. One day I was trying on my sling to see how it felt and to boost my confidence in using it when the baby comes. After I tried it on, it was still hard to tell how it would feel with a little baby in it... but then I looked over and saw my poor little cat sleeping peacefully. I scooped her up and put her in the sling. She seemed concerned (as you can see by the look on her face) but comfy none the less!!! Poor Penny!





I've started to try to make some meals to freeze for after the baby is born. I learned from a Russian classmate while living in East Asia how to make a Russian soup called Borsch. I don't know how well it will do as far as nursing is concerned because it has garlic, a lot of onions, cabbage and every other gas producing veggie out there in it... but we'll see. Isn't is the most beautiful color? That's due to a beet. Maybe it's boring to you, but I thought it was a very pretty picture!




Here I am about to pop with only 3 more weeks left to go! (Which I now only have 2 more weeks!) Have I told you we've finally decided on a name? She is Kaylee Loree Dygert. We just like the sound of Kaylee. Loree is my middle name, my mom's middle name, and my Great Grandmother's middle name. She is probably over 6 pounds now. I had an ultrasound 2 weeks ago and they said she was about 5 1/2 pounds. She's still chubby - even her forearms are chubby! She's also still got a head of hair, they say. I can't wait to meet her! Life is FINALLY starting to slowly slow down and we are feeling more settled into our new place, so I think it's time for her to come, don't you? Plus, I can't imagine being much more uncomfortable most of the day. Oh to sleep on my back or stomach again!




0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template